Select your language preference || Seleccione su preferencia de idioma
Compassionately reaching out to nourish and meet the physical needs of the underserved and overburdened.
** New Restriction **
Each vehicle is limited to food for one family.
We are no longer allowing people to pick-up for multiple families.
Dear Friends, Family Members and Our Valued Volunteers;
Due to Covid-19, we are trying to streamline our process to reduce our risk. Our next TEFAP Hand-Up will be on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 and will continue to be the third Tuesday of each month.
Sign-up is now open. Please be sure to review the form as there have been changes to the questions. All changes are noted in red.
The Feeding Denver’s Hungry Team!
COVID-19 / Coronavirus Update - 11/19/2020
Due to the Updated Information coming from State and Local Government agencies of the COVID-19 pandemic, Feeding Denver’s Hungry is monitoring and working closely with the Government Agencies and our partnerships with other organizations to help support the community. Please be sure to check back often for any updates that we may need to pass onto the community.
TEFAP - COVID-19 "Hand Up"
3rd Tuesdays of every Month
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Feeding Denver’s Hungry introduced a special program called COVID-19 “Hand Up” in March 2020. This program gives our friends who were laid-off and/or furloughed, from their place of employment, a helping hand with free groceries.
- MASKS ARE MANDATORY
- Appointments are available between 11:00am to 2:30pm. || Feeding Denver’s Hungry has recently received federal funding from TEFAP: The Emergency Food Assistance Program. We are required to identify anybody who qualifies for TEFAP and we are asking you to fill out this online form while making your appointment.
- These forms will not be shared with any federal agency.
- We require everyone’s complete home address, phone number and personal email address.
- Every household must complete this form to make an appointment.
- One Household per vehicle.
- EVERYBODY receives groceries, even if you do not qualify for TEFAP. The supplemental Federal funds will allow us to serve more clients.
- Out of respect for our neighbors, DO NOT arrive before 11 am and come during your appointment time.
- Please be sure that your vehicle’s trunk and back seat has plenty of room.
- Please, do not exit your car.
Masks are required and your trunk and backseat must be clear for groceries.
Although the COVID-19 “Hand Up” Tuesdays are available for free to you and your friends, it is not 100% free to the Feeding Denver’s Hungry family. Some of the food items that we provide along with transporting the food items back to the FDH warehouse does cost us money. If you feel that you are ever in a position of donating, please do so. You may donate by clicking on the Go Fund Me Charity icon, Clicking on the Donate Menu Link or simply by providing cash at the time of your pick-up appointment.
Map for COVID-19 "Hand Up" Tuesday's Drive Through Service
Address is 4590 Jason Street in Denver. You will enter the line from 44th Street and Pecos, head West on 44th Street to Jason Street and turn North. From there, you will follow the other cars along with signs and/or directions from our volunteers. We do ask that everyone visiting to please use your neighborly love and to be courteous to our neighbors.