Select your language preference || Seleccione su preferencia de idioma
Compassionately reaching out to nourish and meet the physical needs of the underserved and overburdened.
4th Annual Cosplay Toy & Food Drive! - December 5th!
COVID-19 / Coronavirus Update - 11/19/2020
Due to the Updated Information coming from State and Local Government agencies of the COVID-19 pandemic, Feeding Denver’s Hungry is monitoring and working closely with the Government Agencies and our partnerships with other organizations to help support the community. Please be sure to check back often for any updates that we may need to pass onto the community.
TEFAP - COVID-19 "Hand Up"
1st & 3rd Tuesdays of every Month
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Feeding Denver’s Hungry introduced a special program called COVID-19 “Hand Up” in March 2020. This program gives our friends who were laid-off and/or furloughed, from their place of employment, a helping hand with free groceries.
- Appointments are available between 11:00am to 2:30pm. || Feeding Denver’s Hungry has recently received federal funding from TEFAP: The Emergency Food Assistance Program. We are required to identify anybody who qualifies for TEFAP and we are asking you to fill out this online form while making your appointment.
- These forms will not be shared with any federal agency.
- Filling in your address is optional, but we need your zip code.
- Every household must complete this form to make an appointment.
- EVERYBODY receives groceries, even if you do not qualify for TEFAP. The supplemental Federal funds will allow us to serve more clients.
- Out of respect for our neighbors, DO NOT arrive before 11 am and come during your appointment time.
- Please, do not exit your car.
Masks are required and your trunk and backseat must be clear for groceries.
Although the COVID-19 “Hand Up” Tuesdays are available for free to you and your friends, it is not 100% free to the Feeding Denver’s Hungry family. Some of the food items that we provide along with transporting the food items back to the FDH warehouse does cost us money. If you feel that you are ever in a position of donating, please do so. You may donate by clicking on the Go Fund Me Charity icon, Clicking on the Donate Menu Link or simply by providing cash at the time of your pick-up appointment.
Map for COVID-19 "Hand Up" Tuesday's Drive Through Service
Address is 4590 Jason Street in Denver. You will enter the line from 44th Street and Pecos, head West on 44th Street to Jason Street and turn North. From there, you will follow the other cars along with signs and/or directions from our volunteers. We do ask that everyone visiting to please use your neighborly love and to be courteous to our neighbors.